1) use adult content related words to refer to some technical topic (but not necessarily), some recent examples of such use recently:
- Computer Hardware Pornography
- ...What you're not getting about Ruby and why it's the tits
- "As a gay man and a gay journalist"
- "..Cierra la puta boca, gilipollas, Siesta, Fiesta, Cerveza, Real Madrid, Raúl, Hijo de Puta y Mierda."
2) get in a debate with some "big guy", this technique is getting used more and more lately, we have
Jeff Atwood vs Petzold's
Ayende vs Ted Neward's
Ayende vs Sam
Rob Conery vs Ayende
Nick vs Sam
heck, Ayende vs the rest of the world, J
etc, all you have to do is talk trash about something a guy posted on his blog, or about some of the work (usually open source) the guy works on, if your blog is not very popular, make sure to leave a comment on the other blog so the guy notices you
3) ask for link love, this specific case actually has a merit, this should be listed under "how to get a popular blog in 10 days", but the idea is the same
sigh... boring stuff, but I guess it works if all you want is to get more people to your blog (inflate your numbers), even if what they find is not exactly what they were looking for (first case)