Saturday, June 17, 2006

Visual Studio Environment Animation Speed

this is a little trick I hadn't heard of, some items in the Visual Studio IDE have animation, e.g. when you open/close the properties, solution explorer, etc windows, there is some animation to make the windows appear/dissapear, sure is visually nice, but if you're like me, you don't want little whistles taking up your computer resources, I've seen those animation get quite slow specially when I have my machine loaded with a bunch of other stuff

there is a way to speed up those animations or even disable them completly

in the menu Tools, Options, Environment, General

bump "animation speed" all the way up, or uncheck the "animate environment tools" checkbox to disable this feature

this applies to both VS2003 and VS2005

No comments: