Monday, November 29, 2010

VirtualBox VM won't release the mouse

Just a quick post to share this, I'm playing with VirtualBox on my OpenSuse 11.3, installing Windows XP on a VM, I decided to click inside the VM while it was still installing, hoping that the right [ctrl] key would release the mouse, but that didn't work, Googled a bit with no good results, there's many related articles about this issue, but no solution, I was ready to give up so I hit ctrl+alt+del and what do you know, that released the mouse :)

hope this helps someone out there

2 comments:

Steve Trefethen said...

Check to see if you can install guest additions which provides better mouse and video support among other things.

BlackTigerX said...

thanks for the tip, installed it and the integration is definitely way smoother