however there are a couple (big) things you need to download and install before we can continue
- Visual C# 2005 Express, you might want to NOT download the MSDN help for it though, that's an extra 2GB or so, VC#2005 Express can be downloaded here, and if you have any firewall issues you could download an offline installation (CD) here
- DirectX Software Development Kit, which includes XACT, a tool that will help you create and work with sounds
- XNA GSE (Game Studio Express), this is the thing that will allow you to create a xna project and conect all the dots so you can easily write xna apps, however beaware of the following:
- Only supported on Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 (all editions) at this time. Windows Vista will be available only in a future beta release of XNA Game Studio Express.
- Hardware requirements are identical to those for Visual Studio 2005 plus a graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 1.1 (Shader Model 2.0 support recommended).
- This release requires Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Express Edition to be installed before proceeding. You can install Visual C# Express from the Visual C# Express Download Page. However, other members of the Visual Studio 2005 line of products, for example Visual Studio 2005 Professional, can co-exist with XNA Game Studio Express on the same computer.
- Installation of the XNA framework is not necessary on systems with XNA GSE installed
'til next time